VERY SAD: 2 UNILAG female students die from Midnight fire

0

Roli Odogwu was a 200-Level Mass Communication student, and Linda Elegeonye, a 300-Level Law student They both died of first degree burns, days after they were trapped in the hotel room where they were guests.

According to Campus Life, They both lived in Fangunwa hall before their death. On the night of the fire incident, the two ladies who had left the campus on Monday to attend an evening event off-campus decided to lodge in a hotel when they realized it was too late to go back to the hostel.

The late Roli’s friend, who did not want to be named, said she spoke to her mother to inform her of her decision to pass the night in the hotel.


It is reported that the victims were asleep when the fire started from a faulty air conditioner. The victims were trapped for several minutes before they were rescued from the room. They sustained first-degree burns. They were rushed to Gbagada General Hospital.

Last Saturday, Roli died at 4 am and was buried at Atan Cemetery in Yaba. Then Linda, who had been in coma for six days, died on Sunday.


A friend, who pleaded for anonymity, said she was informed about the incident by a policeman who picked up the late Roli’s call on Tuesday.

She said: “The policeman told me that the owner of the phone (Roli) and her friend were involved in a fire accident and they were unconscious. I was told they had been moved to Trauma and Burns Unit of the Gbagada General Hospital. I informed other friends and we went to the hospital. When we got there, we were not allowed to see them immediately. Three hours after, we were allowed in with their parents and other family members. Roli was conscious and responding to treatment, but Linda was still in a coma. The burns were severe and we hoped both could make it. We are deeply hurt by their death.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here