The Independent National Electoral Commission has confirmed the registration of five(5) new political parties in Nigeria. This brings the total number of political parties in Nigeria to 45.
A spokesperson for the electoral commission, Mr Soyebi Adedeji, in a statement made available to the press on Wednesday, stated that the new parties have been duly registered and confirmed.
The new parties are;
- Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA)
- All Democratic Peoples Movement (ADPM)
- Action Democratic Party (ADP)
- Young Progressive Party (YPP)
- New Generation Party of Nigeria (NGP)